Monday, October 13, 2008

Fantasy Stock Market



I have always been both interested and terrified of stock market trading. To be fair I have very little knowledge of the stock market and its intricacies so fear is something of a blessing. Anyway, it didn't take too much persuasion for a friend to lure me to bullbearings.co.uk and join her league.

Bullbearings is a virtual stock market site that is based on the actual stock market. There are guides and tutorials on the website, as well as up-to-date news and reports. Company trading histories, market overviews, portfolios and stock charts are also at your fingertips.

Whilst overwhelming at first, it is quite easy to trade. Actually, it is very easy! It is also quite exhilerating to watch your portfolio increase rapidly as trading gets underway. The frenzied buying of "hot stock" is palpable. The reason that some people can become addicted is rather obvious to me from the small taste that I have experienced so far!

It is not, perhaps, the best time to enter the stock market treadmill. Last Friday was dubbed "Black Friday." Markets around the world fell by up to 10%. This has been the biggest one-day loss since the 1987 stock market crash.

Take a look at the site and if you would like to join the league and compete against friends, send me an email and I will provide you with the details to join.



No comments: